Start Tapping Today!
Something weighing on your mind lately?
Wonder if there are any normal and attractive people out there?
Hating your relationship status?
These are very good signs that your emotional energy is out of balance. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a gentle, non-evasive form of emotional acupressure using ancient Chinese acupuncture points. Tapping or rubbing specific points on the upper body releases the stuck energy that holds strong emotions in place and keeps you feeling stressed and anxious.
Results are immediate and lasting. Best of all, the technique is easy to learn.
Gary Craig, the founder of EFT, gives a free copy of the EFT manual to anyone who asks. Information on his website: http://www.emofree.com.
Basically, you will use two fingers to tap or rub comfortably on a series of acupressure points around your upper body. While you are tapping, you will tune into your thoughts about an issue that is troubling you. Here is an example:
Choose a problem that is bothering you right now. Let yourself feel how upset you really are. You don’t have to hold it together for anyone, how do you really feel about this? Rate the intensity of your feelings on a scale of one to ten; one being low intensity and ten high. Let’s use online dating as our example:
- Tapping on the Karate Chop Point (side of the palm of your hand): “Even though I hate online dating. I deeply and completely accept myself”. Repeat three times.
- Eyebrow Point (where your eyebrow meets the bridge of your nose):”I can’t believe I am trying online dating”.
- Side of the EyeS (the bony ridge outside of the eye):”Only losers, nerds and geeks use online dating and I am not a loser”.
- Under the Eye:“I just want to meet a nice normal person. What’s wrong with that?”
- Upper Lip:“I am really upset that I am even in this situation. How did I end up single at this point in my life?”
- Front of Chin:“I resist dating and meeting a new person, but that can change”.
- Collar Bone Point (Next to the notch at the top of the sternum):”I am upset about still being single, but that can change”.
- Under the Arm (where the bra strap would be…sorry guys!):”I am tired of angsting about my singleness and now I am willing to focus on something else”.
- Top of the Head:”I am willing to focus on something else”.
- Take a deep breath
How do you feel? While your single status situation is still the same, check to see if the intensity of your emotion around dating has changed? If you are still feeling some upset about your need to date again, just go through the steps one more time.
Is there another aspect of the problem that you are aware of now? Allow yourself to feel any strong emotion that is there. The stronger the feeling, the more easily you can sense the change in your mood. You may also notice that your perspective of the problem has broadened. You really can shift your energy by yourself.
EFT always works, even if you don’t know what to say. Simply tapping and taking a few conscious breaths as you are feeling strong emotions makes it much easier to get over an emotional upset. Once your emotions are calmer, you will be better able to figure out what to do next. The problem is bad enough without adding a load of emotional pain on top of it. Try it and see.
Want to talk to Catherine about EFT and how it can help you?