When I met Tina (name changed) she had me rolling with hilarious dating stories during her divorce recovery from her over 50 online dates over the last 14 months. Out of that string of hopefuls, only a handful got a second date. Where are the guys they show in the commercials??
Do you hate online dating? I know how you feel especially when the dates who show up don’t match their pictures or profiles, just sayin’.
So what’s up? How can a gorgeous human being like yourself not find a reasonably normal, attractive (to you) partner with a job and a mature attitude about life? Is that too much to ask?
What if there was a switch inside your mind that is turned off?
If you have tried everything to meet someone and no one is showing up in your life, what’s up with that? What if the power to attract a soulmate is actually switched off? Intriguing, no? And more importantly, if it is turned off, how did it get that way?
Even if you are not in a breakup right now, there may be an ex in your past who still tugs at your heart. You may be ready to deal with it. I hope so. Not many lovers want to share you with a past love. Isn’t it time to move on?
Here are 5 signs that your soulmate switch may be turned off:
1. No Dates: If it has been years since you dated, let’s face it, it is unlikely that Mr. or Miss Next is going to show up at your doorstep. Now one of my clients actually started dating the UPS guy, so you never know but, if you are not dating…your soulmate switch may be set to OFF. A part of yourself may just feel safer as a single. Your heart can’t be broken again if you don’t get back out there.
2. Awful Dates: Are the people you are dating nothing close to the kind of person you want to be with? Ladies, are you creeped out by the over sexualized messages you get online? Guys, are you tired of meeting women who are older and weigh more than their profile says they are? When you attract people who are not even close to your ideal match, your soulmate switch may be set to OFF.
3. Family Judgment: Does your family bug you night and day about “still being single?” Do you feel judged because you can’t move on from a past love? Are you still hung up on an ex and nobody understands why you can’t let that person go? If you are obsessing about an ex it will be very hard to find a great partner. If you don’t have the power to let go of that ex, your soulmate switch may be set to OFF. A part of you thinks you already HAVE a soulmate, right?
4. Financial Struggles: Did you know that Venus, the planet of love is also the planet of money? It is true. If you are struggling financially or are unhappy on the job it could be related to being turned off to love. I can’t tell you how many people who coach with me have a financial breakthrough first, before love comes. If your finances are unstable, it can effect your attractiveness to a partner. You need to be open and honest with a partner. If you don’t want anyone seeing the truth of your finances, your soulmate switch could be set to OFF.
5. This one is tough so forgive me in advance….Self Pity: If you are stuck in victim mode and complain about your aloneness night and day, for sure your soulmate switch is set to OFF. It is hard to be with someone who is wounded and broken by love. Complaining about being single or blaming your unhappiness of an ex is toxic to new love. If there is one chance in 100 that you are stuck in self pity, try to accept it so you can do something about it and move on.
So what do you think? Could your Soulmate Switch be turned off? Are you sick and tired of feeling like you have nothing to offer? Do you think there is something wrong with you? I know exactly how you feel. My own soulmate switch has been turned off for about 3 years. I have been sure that I DO NOT want to have a loving committed relationship. It felt like too much effort and too much risk.
I found my way through the maze of healing from my past exes, especially my two divorces (so my picker is off! :-P). Now I am starting to date and I am using EFT to help flip my own switch and get back out there again. What do you think? Could your Soulmate Switch be set to OFF? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s talk.